Prunuske Chatham, Inc. (PCI) is seeking an environmental planner or environmental specialist to join our team of scientists, planners, landscape architects, engineers, and constructors who specialize in ecological restoration and resolving environmental challenges in Northern California. Located in Sonoma County since 1985, PCI is a small, growing firm with a solid reputation in natural resource management and ecological restoration. We are seeking a self-driven, detail-oriented professional to join our team in Sebastopol, CA.
The Environmental Planner will assist with the preparation of all levels of CEQA/NEPA documents and environmental permits The position includes conducting research and coordinating with public and private clients, engineering partners, technical subconsultants, and regulatory/resource agencies to prepare the analyses. The role includes working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and supporting project principals, project managers, and deputy project managers (based on the size and complexity of the project).The position will evolve into a Senior Environmental Planner with expanded roles and responsibilities, client interaction, and project management.
- Gather data, conduct research, and proficiently write impact assessments for various environmental topics (i.e., chapters in CEQA/NEPA documents and resource-agency permit application packages).
- Assist with preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products.
- Assist with public outreach activities, including presenting, as well as implementing communication strategies
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: demonstrated consistency and reliability, meeting project deadlines, communicating clearly and concisely, and working responsibly – on a team or independently.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental studies, planning, environmental science, or related field.
- 2+ years of increasingly responsible experience with the preparation of documents that comply with CEQA/NEPA, as well as knowledge of other federal, State, and local environmental statutes and regulations.
- A fundamental knowledge of at least one technical area (e.g., air quality/greenhouse gas emissions, traffic/transportation, water quality, GIS, permit acquisition from state, federal, and local jurisdictions) is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of CEQA, NEPA, and other environmental regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Commitment to producing quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Salary commensurate with experience, Medical insurance, and 401k
TO APPLY: First, check out our website at www.pcz.com, and then send résumé along with a cover letter that describes your interest in the position and PCI to: email@example.com. Please put “Environmental Planner” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. The review and interview process will continue until the position is filled.